The NEC provide a comprehensive range of facilities.
These can also be viewed at http://www.thenec.co.uk/visitors/facilities/
Book your tickets to Motorcycle Live in advance to save money. Click here to book tickets.
- Adjacent to Hall 1 entrance – baby changing room with 2 toilets, baby changing area, bottle warming machine and screened off breast feeding area.
- Adjacent to Hall 2 entrance – pull down changing unit, chair and sink
- Adjacent to Hall 4 & Hall 8 entrances within disabled toilet – pull down changing unit
Car Parking / Bike Parking
- Secure, indoor bike parking is provided by Motorcycle Live and is free of charge (and subject to availability).
- The Bike Park will open one hour before the Event, and close an hour after the Event.
- Car Parking will be £16.00 on the day or £10.00 in advance – this is a charge implemented by The NEC and is out of the control of Motorcycle Live organisers.
On your arrival at The NEC, traffic officers will direct you to the most convenient parking area, however being such a large site with a number of entrances, it is recommended that you refer to The NEC Site Map and NEC Road Access Map before your arrival to avoid adding time to your journey.
The NEC has designated car park spaces for visitors with disabilities – all are charged at £12.00 (£10.00 if purchased in advance).
- Cash points are outside the Event and chargable. The nearest free cash points are located at Birmingham International Trains Station or at Resort World.
The NEC Chaplaincy is available for consultation and support.
The NEC also has a Multi-Faith Prayer Room available for prayer, reflection or meditation.
It is situated on the Piazza (Halls 1-5) next to the chaplaincy office (by Subway) and has a washing facility for those who require it.
The room has prayer mats, holy books and other resources for prayer which have been donated by representatives of local faiths.
For more information regarding the Multi-Faith Prayer Room, or for details of local places of worship/faith leaders, please contact NEC Group Chaplain on 0121 767 2911.
Children’s Identification Wristbands
- Children’s Identification Wristbands are available from the Piazza main entrance.
- There are manned cloakrooms adjacent to the Halls. Visitors can store bags, coats and luggage for £1 per item per day. Overnight storage is not possible. Helmets and leathers can be stored in the NEC Cloakrooms, charges apply.
- Visit the NEC website for a full listing of Disabled Facilities.
- Public telephones are available for persons with hearing impairments. An induction loop audio system is fitted in Concourse Suites 1 & 2.
- The NEC has manual and electric wheelchairs available for hire. Please refer to the ‘Mobility Equipment Hire Service’ information below.
Disabled toilets are available within the Halls.
- Dogs are not permitted on the premises, with the exception of assistance dogs.
International Trade Promotion Centre
The International Trade Promotion Centre is an on site support service for visitors to the NEC wishing to conduct business internationally and in the UK and is supported by UK Trade & Investment and Birmingham Chamber of Commerce Group.
With professional advisers across 96 international markets, UK Trade & Investment is the Government Department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy and assists overseas companies to bring their high-quality investment to the UK.
To help your business grow internationally, please talk to us at the International Trade Promotion Centre located in the Atrium.
Tel: 0121 767 3247
- The Security Office is located on the Piazza between Subway and Hall 1. For property lost on the same day during the Event, visitors can go in person to the office. Once the Event is over call 0121 767 3883, for lost property queries.
Medical & First Aid
- For any medical emergencies and/or first aid requirements please find a member of NEC staff located at any entrance, who will contact the necessary personnel.
- There is a meeting point in the Piazza (Halls 1-5) opposite Subway (located between halls 1 and 2).
Mobile Charging Pay Phones & Post Boxes
There are pay phones in the Atrium (Halls 6-20) and the Piazza (Halls 1-5). All phones can be used for overseas calls.
Mobile charging units are available at the Piazza and Atrium (suitable for most major mobile models).
- £1.50 for 30 minutes
- £2.00 for 50 minutes
- £3.00 for 90 minutes
There are post boxes in the venue and collections are made daily. Stamps can be purchased from the Visitor & Business Centres, where small packages can also be weighed. Martins Newsagents also sell stamps. See maps for details.
The nearest Post Office is located at Birmingham Airport, which can be accessed from the NEC on foot via the free Air-Rail Link.
Mobility Equipment Hire Service
- For exhibitions at The NEC, our service partner Bartrams operate a mobility equipment hire service. We strongly advise visitors to pre-book equipment to avoid disappointment. Bartrams operate a telephone booking line Monday to Friday 0900hrs-1700hrs on 01353 778756. Visitors can also book via Bartrams website. For any visitors who have not pre-booked equipment and arrive on the day, any remaining stock will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Manual wheelchairs are free of charge to blue badge holders, £5 per day to other visitors. Electric scooters are £15 per day for all visitors. This is a non-refundable scheme. As Bartrams location varies from show to show, please check collection point when making a booking.
- Martin’s Newsagents are located between Halls 4 and 5 in the Piazza.
- Photography and filming are permitted.
- Shuttle buses run continuously for free around site between the car parks and the halls during exhibitions, normally one hour before and after the exhibition.Operating times are shown at the bus stops. Our aim is for you to wait no longer than 15 minutes on the days the bus service is operating. We apologise in advance for any delay, this may be caused by volume of traffic around the venue during peak times. Should you rather take a pedestrian route, these are also shown at the bus stops with an estimated time scale.
- In accordance with the Health Act 2006 smoking is not allowed within the Event or the NEC. Vapour cigarettes are permitted inside the building but NOT inside the exhibition halls.
- The Piazza main entrance canopy area and the North Gardens in the centre of the Piazza are the designated smoking areas.
- These are usually available outside the Piazza main entrance and Atrium 1 entrance when shows are taking place at The NEC.
To order a taxi call 0121 427 8888 or freephone 0800 0142 729. (TOA Taxis)
- There are many toilet facilities throughout The NEC complex.
There are a number of vending machines on site in various locations:
- Piazza, opposite Hall 2 – photo booth, IT consumables, business cards
- Atrium, Entrance 2 – photo booth, IT consumables, digital printing, business cards
- Atrium, Entrance 3 – Universal Photo Booth (this accommodates wheel chairs)
- Visitors to the NEC can connect to free WiFi across the venue, enabling them to stay connected to their homes, offices and social media networks while they’re attending an event, all for free! This can be accessed using a WiFi compatible device, such as mobile phone, laptop or tablet.If you are unsure about how to connect, or experience any difficulties whilst using this service, then ask the team at the Visitor and Business Centres who will be pleased to help. Please note that the wireless network is not secure and we do not provide any virus scanning or firewall facilities.
Documents are in PDF format. Click here to download Adobe PDF reader for free.